Bell basic pack
Elastic trim at waist and leg
94% Bamboo 6% Elastane
Made in Portugal
Standard height 170cm and 67"
Baserange’s bamboo is sourced from a private and durable plantation-certified FSC. No chemical product is used on the plantation.
Yarns are certified Öko-tex: they are safe and not toxic to humans. However, to avoid the potential damage by chemicals used in the viscose process, Baserange is now working on changing our previous Bamboo “viscose” into Bamboo “lyocell.” This new fibers has the same positive qualities as viscose, as it is derived from the fast-growing bamboo plant, but the process of rendering it into textile fibers is done using non-harmful chemicals. The process is done with a closed loop, which ensures no rejection of chemicals at all.
The Bamboo lyocell is currently recognized as the most sustainable fiber in the textile industry. The prices of our bamboo products might increase a bit, but we believe this change is essential.
• First of all its natural origin put it in a category apart from man-made synthetic textile fibres , and advantage of bamboo comparing with other natural fibres like cotton is that it can grow easily. In fact, it can survive with rainwater as the only source of moisture. If we are to compare bamboo fabrics to cotton, we can say that the former is kinder to the environment mainly because bamboo uses only a third of the water that cotton consumes and doesn’t require pesticides to grow properly. As it is 100% cellulosic it is bio degradable in nature. Bamboo fibre decomposes without causing pollution. "Bamboo fibre comes from nature, and completely returns to nature in the end".
• Breathable, silky, warm, extremely stretchy fiber
• It also contributes to the reduction of C02
• Processing bamboo viscose requires some harmful chemicals to dissolve the plant, and transform it into a paste that can be spun into textile fibers.
• The cultivation of bamboo must be highly regulated to ensure growers are not adding fertilizer and/or pesticides to increase yields.